I'm just looking for a simple, concise explanation of the difference between these two. MSDN doesn't go into a hell of a lot of detail here.
- Objective-c – the difference between #import and #include in Objective-C
- DLL and LIB files – what and why
- The use of .exp and what is the difference between .lib and .dll
- C++ – Why is this program erroneously rejected by three C++ compilers
- C++ – What’s the fundamental difference between MFC and ATL
- C++ – Difference between shared objects (.so), static libraries (.a), and DLL’s (.so)
- Node.js – The difference between “require(x)” and “import x”