I have a Crystal Reports 2008 file that came my way from a former employee's files; I'm tasked with making some changes.
- When I open the report, I am told that the "default printer is not available".
- Then all of the fields are collapsed in the main report.
- I can fix this by going into page settings and manually setting the page size to 8.5×11, etc.
- However, subreports still appear "collapsed" and changing page settings does not make them visible again.
This is how the subreport looks when it is opened.
- Manually dragging the sections to expand them. This produces no results as it appears they are collapsed too far to select any of the sections to pull down.
- Page setup in Crystal Reports — works on the main page, but does not work for sub-reports.
- Looking for Crystal bugs on the internet. I believe this to be a bug, but I haven't been able to find a source that confirms it.
- I know there is data in the subreports, and mousing over the subreport will randomly highlight orange boxes around fields I can't see (the tooltip will then display the name of the data element for a split second)