Error in “MLSD” command While Connecting FTP to Server

connectionftpftp-client

I have a Web Hosting Server with Full Access of Settings.
I am a Web Developer, so FTP is my daily use for updating a website.
I am using a FTP client, After setting the server information, when i tried to
connect, i recived an error while FTP client had send "MLSD" commant to server.

Here is the client LOG:

Status: Resolving address of si****.co (edited)
Status: Connecting to 74.208.***.***:21... (edited)
Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Response:   220 ProFTPD 1.3.3e Server (ProFTPD) [74.208.***.***] (edited)
Command:    USER si***** (edited)
Response:   331 Password required for si*****
Command:    PASS ********
Response:   230 User si***** logged in
Command:    SYST
Response:   215 UNIX Type: L8
Command:    FEAT
Response:   211-Features:
Response:    MDTM
Response:    MFMT
Response:    TVFS
Response:    UTF8
Response:    MFF modify;UNIX.group;UNIX.mode;
Response:    MLST modify*;perm*;size*;type*;unique*;UNIX.group*;UNIX.mode*;UNIX.owner*;
Response:    LANG en-US*;fr-FR;it-IT;ja-JP;ko-KR;ru-RU;zh-CN;zh-TW;bg-BG
Response:    REST STREAM
Response:    SIZE
Response:   211 End
Command:    OPTS UTF8 ON
Response:   200 UTF8 set to on
Status: Connected
Status: Retrieving directory listing...
Command:    PWD
Response:   257 "/" is the current directory
Command:    TYPE I
Response:   200 Type set to I
Command:    PASV
Response:   227 Entering Passive Mode (74,208,*,*,149,88).
Command:    MLSD
Error:  Connection timed out
Error:  Failed to retrieve directory listing

I don't know what is going wrong. My other FTP accounts for different servers is working good on the same FTP Client Software..

Best Solution

I've recently stumbled upon this issue too. I found none of the solutions I found within the first Google searches to be of no use, but luckily found a solution of my own...

In Site Manager change Encryption to "Only use plain FTP", mine were previously "Use explicit FTP over TLS if available".

FYI, the previous fixes I tried were:

  • Firewall configuration on the router - not possible due to work network and found is was only my PC.
  • Change something on Remote server to do with ports - Again, not possible and was only my PC having the fault.
  • Switching Filezilla from Passive to Active - Didn't work
  • Using SSH instead - rejected
Related Question