How does GNU make decide which of the messages to emit? The Makefile I am using causes Nothing to be done for 'target' messages to be emitted when the target is up do date. But I think 'target' is up to date would be more appropriate.
- How to have GNU make explicitly test for failure
- Using CMake with GNU Make: How to see the exact commands
- How to get the list of targets in a makefile
- GNU make yields “commands commence before first target” error
- Windows – How to use GNU Make on Windows
- GNU Make: warning: ignoring old commands for target `xxx’