In a three-tier/multitier architecture (UI/Logic/DAO/Domain model), can services be considered as belonging to the business logic layer or are they situated as something separate ?
Java – Business logic and services
- Java – a serialVersionUID and why should I use it
- Java – How to declare and initialize an array in Java
- Domain services vs Application services
- Java – Domain objects/services and the Business Logic Layer
- Python – Separation of business logic and data access in django
- Android – Dilemma: when to use Fragments vs Activities:
- Asp.net-mvc – Should services always return DTOs, or can they also return domain models
You will probably find that a fairly generic word like "service" means different things to different people.
I think of a service as something that orchestrates the logic exposed by business objects (or other services) to implement a useful task (such as a business process). So, for me, a service is a consumer of the business logic layer (and probably of support aspects such as logging).