We are starting a new ASP.NET 3.5 MVC application (with Entity Framework, etc). The application will handle exceptions at method level and log them. Unhandled and Runtime exceptions should also be logged.
The logging module/framework should log BOTH application error/debug/info messages and unhandled exceptions.
- EL 4.1 Logging Application Block
- ASP.NET Health Monitoring
- log4net Framework : http://logging.apache.org/log4net/index.html
- ELMAH Framework : http://code.google.com/p/elmah/
- Custom Logging (using [HandleError] filter, OnActionExecuted event of Controller and OnError event in the Global.asax)
Please compare the frameworks.
Which will be the most suitable choice ?