I'm having trouble enabling the socket transport "ssl" in PHP. When I run my script, I get the error:
[function.fsockopen]: unable to
connect to ssl://www.my.site.com:443
(Unable to find the socket transport
"ssl" – did you forget to enable it
when you configured PHP?)
I'm running IIS6 on Windows and this is what I've done so far to try to get it working:
- uncommented the php_openssl.dll and php_sockets.dll extensions in php.ini
- made sure PHP was loading the ini file I made changes to (it is, and it's definitely loading other extensions, so I'm fairly sure this isn't the problem)
- made sure php_openssl.dll and php_sockets.dll were in the correct location
- copied ssleay32.dll and libeay32.dll to the main PHP folder, the WINDOWS folder and the WINDOWS/system32 folder
- made sure the Windows path variable included the location of PHP
- made sure the file permissions were correct on all the relevant files.
I've restarted IIS after pretty much every change, but I haven't had any luck. Is there anything obvious that I'm doing wrong? Is there anyway to troubleshoot this in smaller parts? (So I can figure out the problem by the process of elimination…?)
Unfortunately Windows/IIS aren't my area of expertise–I've been put in charge because nobody else seems to know anything.