I am new to IronPython. I've read the MSDN article http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/cc300810.aspx and for what I've understood I can set code with IronPython on the run. I created a simple Windows Forms project in IronPython studio and ran it, but I can't find on the IDE anywhere to type code into. Isn't it possible, am I missing something? Thanks
Python – (IronPython Studio) Where is the console
- C# – the difference between const and readonly in C#
- C# – Should ‘using’ directives be inside or outside the namespace
- C# – What are the correct version numbers for C#
- .net – the best algorithm for overriding GetHashCode
- C# – Proper use of the IDisposable interface
- C# – How to get the application’s path in a .NET console application
- What IronPython IDE should I use
- C# – How to remedy “The breakpoint will not currently be hit. No symbols have been loaded for this document.” warning
IronPython isn't supported by default in Visual Studio, you have to first download and install IronPython Studio ( http://www.codeplex.com/IronPythonStudio ) then you'll have the option of creating Python projects directly in Visual Studio.
Also I'd recommend you check out SharpDevelop ( http://www.icsharpcode.net/OpenSource/SD/ ), it is mostly compatible with Visual Studio solutions and project files and has built-in support for Ironpython projects.
Hope this helps