The code golf series seem to be fairly popular. I ran across some code that converts a number to its word representation. Some examples would be (powers of 2 for programming fun):
- 2 -> Two
- 1024 -> One Thousand Twenty Four
- 1048576 -> One Million Forty Eight Thousand Five Hundred Seventy Six
The algorithm my co-worker came up was almost two hundred lines long. Seems like there would be a more concise way to do it.
- Submissions in any programming language welcome (I apologize to
PhiLho for the initial lack of clarity on this one)
- Max input of 2^64 (see following link for words, thanks mmeyers)
- Short scale with English output preferred, but any algorithm is welcome. Just comment along with the programming language as to the method used.