I have a string which holds a decimal value in it and I need to convert that string into a floating point variable. So an example of the string I have is "5.45" and I want a floating point equivalent so I can add .1 to it. I have searched around the internet, but I only see how to convert a string to an integer.
- Java – How to read / convert an InputStream into a String in Java
- Python – Convert bytes to a string
- Python – How to force division to be floating point? Division keeps rounding down to 0
- Java – How to split a string in Java
- Java – How to convert a String to an int in Java