Im trying to implement the following methods from selenium-webdriver (ruby)
- I ran Selenium IDE and exported my script to Ruby Test::Unit. Saved it as .rb
- Opened my script for editing using Aptana Studio 3
- Initial code snippet as follows:
require "rubygems" require "selenium-webdriver" require "test/unit" class SwitchToPopup3 < Test::Unit::TestCase def setup @driver = Selenium::WebDriver.for :firefox @base_url = (URL of my test website) @driver.manage.timeouts.implicit_wait = 30 @verification_errors =  end def teardown @driver.quit assert_equal , @verification_errors end def test_switch_to_popup3 . . puts @driver.get_all_window_ids() puts @driver.get_all_window_titles() puts @driver.get_all_window_names() . . end
The error I keep getting is
NoMethodError: undefined method `get_all_window_ids' for # <Selenium::WebDriver::Driver:0x101e4b040 browser=:chrome> /Users/rsucgang/Documents/Aptana Studio 3 Workspace/Testing/SwitchToPopup2.rb:37:in `test_switch_to_popup3'
I've studied the documentation for the ruby bindings for selenium-webdriver
Ultimately my goal here is to run my automation script:
- Click on a link that opens a new window with target=_blank and no windowID available (does not implement JS)
- Identify the names of all opened windows in the browser
- switch to a new pop-up window using the switchToWindow(name) method
- continue running my script on that pop-up window
I've googled and researched this on the internet and I have not gotten any much information.
Thanks and please let me know if you need more information.
- OSL Mac OSX 10.7.3
- Ruby: ruby 1.8.7 (2010-01-10 patchlevel 249) [universal-darwin11.0]
- Browser: Firefox 9.0.1 (Mac)
- Chrome: Chrome 17.0.963.79 (Mac)
- Selenium-Server: Ruby gem 2.20.0