I'm trying to get an ASP.NET website running on Vista (IIS7), using SQL Server and Windows Authentication. No matter what I do, when I connect to the database, I get the exception:
SqlException was unhandled Login failed for user 'MyDomain\MachineName$'.
It doesn't seem to matter what settings I apply, I cannot get IIS7 to pass through my Windows login credentials.
- Both the SQL Server and my local machine are on ActiveDirectory
- Vista Enterprise, IIS7
- SQL Server 2005
- Anonymous Authentication disabled, Windows Authentication enabled
- Impersonation on/off makes no difference
- All Identities (NetworkService, LocalSystem, etc) give the same result
- Classic and integrated pipelines give the same result