I have an externally hosted iis webserver where i run my website. I would like to add a self signed certificate to this website and trust it on my local client, to remove "Insecure Connection" from the browser.
What i have done so far is the following
- Created a self signed certificate in IIS: Server Certificates -> Create self signed Certificate. The cert is issued to the servername e.g "ABCD01"
- Created a website with a https binding using the self signed certificate.
- Exported the self signed certificate from IIS using: Server Certificates -> Export. This resulted in an .pfx file
- Imported the .pfx cert file on the local client: manage computer certificates -> Trusted Root certification authorities -> import
- Added the hostname (ABCD01) and ip of the host to the hosts file: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts
When i try to open the website in firefox (using https://ABCD01), i still get the "Your connection is not secure". What am i missing?