Visual-studio – Found conflicts between different versions of the same dependent assembly


i currently programming a program in visual studio using the .net 3.5 framework and the microsoft interops to interact with the office products.
I have an issue with the app.config file. everytime i compile my solution, rebuilt or build it a warning occurs in the error list witch says

Found conflicts between different versions of the same dependent assembly.

when i double click this message visual studio tries to solve the problem, but with the next built the warning occurs again. i checked in the app.config file what visual studio tries to fix the problem and it seems, that it inserts these lines

    <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
            <assemblyIdentity name="office" publicKeyToken="71E9BCE111E9429C" culture="neutral"/>
            <bindingRedirect oldVersion="" newVersion=""/>
            <assemblyIdentity name="Microsoft.Vbe.Interop" publicKeyToken="71E9BCE111E9429C" culture="neutral"/>
            <bindingRedirect oldVersion="" newVersion=""/>

i think that the bindingRedirect fails because of the version numbers but i can't edit them, because of the already "solve problem – build – problem occurs" thingy.

does anybody has any idea what might go wrong. i do not have any clue.

thanks for every idea!

Best Solution

Jinx. I'm on SO researching a similar issue with dependencies to Office assemblies. In my case, I need to support older Office versions that I don't have installed on my DEV box (but are installed on a build server).

I decided to try the MS Office Wrapper for .Net open source project I discovered on one of the posts here. It claims to support all versions of Office from 97 to 2007 (as long as you limit yourself to API calls that are available in the oldest version you need to remain compatible with).

Perhaps using that wrapper would solve/simplify your Office version dependency as well.

Related Question